Sunday, December 15, 2013

Find Something To Live For - Mental Health Awareness Retreat

Find Something To Live For

The number one thing I dislike people telling me when I am feeling suicidal is "think of all the people you will hurt". It is the same phrase I've seen over and over in many resourceful sites for suicide prevention. I don't know about you but this doesn't help at all. Heck, why would I care about hurting the people who hurt me! The same people I feel are better off without me. The same people I feel don't care at all. So yeah, this is the last thing I care to hear about because in the back of my mind all I'm thinking is "and? your point is?".

What does help me though is thinking about the people I want to live for! The people I care enough to not find me dead. The things I enjoy and want to keep on doing. That! is what helps me.

When my medication seems to fails and other coping skills, this is the one thing that holds me on. With the lows of bipolar even telling my mind that things will get better doesn't help sometimes. I know for a fact the darkness will pass but somehow my mind tells me "yeah, right!". Therefore I hold on to those people and things I want to live for. It always seem to help.

I've heard of people who have literally been saved from suicide because they have family members to live for, while other people have survived because they know their pets need them...who else would care for their pets, feed them, and groom them? For others is their lovers, and for some is the work they do in the world. 

Eventually it does get better. The darkness does drift away and many wonderful days do arrive where is much more then just! surviving. Days where we really enjoy ourselves and feel alive. It is those same amazing days that make it so worth it that we held on.

There are other ways you can prevent suicide as well such as calling a hotline, medications, taking a walk outside, talking to someone about what you are going through, speaking with a therapist/doctor, listening to uplifting movies/videos/music, making sure you don't have a vitamin deficiency and so much more.  

Find what works for you best. What helps you get through your darkest times. In the end, the dark will fade away and it will get better <3

Take a look at what I am wearing from XIAJ, F R O S T event and more HERE

***LEGAL DISCLAIMER: the information provided is not intended to replace any professional help. Discretion is advised. I am not a professional nor pertaining to act as such. The information given was gather from personal experience and educational resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment